It is cold and windy outside and the sky is gray. I am already suffering from sunshine withdrawal. As I write this, my eyelids are drooping — what’s that I hear? A nap calling my name? I think so!
I cranked out a great workout last night, but right now I’m feeling the opposite of energized. Today might be a rest day. Besides finishing one homework assignment, I’m just going to let myself do what I want for the rest of the day. If I feel like packing, or cooking, or doing Zumba, great, I’ll do it. If not, I’m giving myself permission to just rest and play. I’ve been exercising hard, packing hard, and not sleeping enough this week.
Yesterday’s chest, back, abs and cardio workout:
- 30 min incline walking
- Bench press – 3 x 12
- Partner-assisted pull-ups – 3 x 8
- Bent-over barbell row – 3 x 12
- Cable cross – 3 x 15
- Incline chest press – 3 x 12
- Rows – 3 x 15
- Hyperextensions holding weight plate – 3 x 15
- Side hyperextensions holding weight plate – 3 x 15 per side
- Captain’s chair – 4 x 15
- Reverse crunches on bench – 3 x 20
- Side crunches – 2 x 30
- Ab disc oblique crunches – 2 x 12 per side
- 30 minutes Cybex elliptical
I know I did some work because I am already sore! Tomorrow is leg day, so I better find some energy soon!