This morning, like every other morning I was greeted with a grumbling tummy. Most mornings I’ll have a piece of toast or oatmeal with fruit, but this morning I remembered that I had oatmeal muffin mix in the fridge that I made the night before. My muffin recipe was inspired by this recipe, as found on Pinterest (my new addiction.)
To make these delicious delights:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Most people would mix the wet and dry ingredients separately, but in my hungry haste, I usually just mix them all into the biggest bowl I own and let the handmixer do the rest of the work.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 4 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder OR 1 more cup of oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 3/4 cups milk (I used fat-free)
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal OR 1/3 cup chia seeds OR 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli mini-chocolate chips to make sure I get chocolate in every bite.
Yields ~ 36 muffins at ~100 calories each, depending on the toppings.
Later today, I am going to pick up my first Bountiful Basket, and I am super excited! Hopefully I’ll get plenty of produce that I know I like and some new stuff to try!